Respected Ottawa Criminal Defence Lawyer fights for your rights
Arrested in Ottawa? The consequences may reach further than you can imagine. Depending on your case, it could lead to a restriction of driving privileges and seizure of property and a lengthy court process with the potential for jail time. Even more detrimental is receiving a criminal record which has significant legal implications and restricts the ability to travel, find work and even secure housing. This can be an incredibly stressful experience that affects all areas of life.
It is vital that you comprehend your inherent rights. Employing an Ottawa criminal defence lawyer can secure those rights at each stage of the legal proceedings, ranging from apprehension to sentencing.
I am Yoav Niv, an experienced criminal defence lawyer in Ottawa. As an Ottawa criminal defence lawyer, I am ready to utilize my specialized knowledge and expertise in criminal law to craft effective strategies for individuals facing charges from simple drug possession all the way up to first-degree murder. Regardless of your situation, trust that I can provide you with unwavering legal assistance.
Ottawa Criminal defence cases we handle
I understand the uncertainty and fear you are dealing with due to your criminal charge, but I assure you that I have the skill set to produce the best outcome for your case in Ottawa. You will never be alone on this journey – I am here every step of the way, providing helpful answers and clarifying any confusion regarding legal proceedings. Before the trial begins, we will discuss my defence strategy together, so you clearly understand what is ahead. My primary purpose is safeguarding your rights and liberty while also preserving your good name throughout each stage of litigation.
I routinely represent clients accused of the following crimes in Ottawa:
- Organized crime — “Organized crime” is an umbrella term that encompasses many different offences. The Canadian Encyclopedia defines organized crime as “…a group of three or more people whose purpose is the commission of one or more serious offences that would “likely result in the direct or indirect receipt of a material benefit, including a financial benefit, by the group.” Fraud, drugs, vehicle theft, street gangs, identity theft, gambling, and prostitution are only some of the most common organized crime offences.
- Violent crimes — Violent crimes are among the most severe offences punishable by law in Canada. As these actions bring distress, pain and even death to others, they’re harshly penalized. If you’ve been detained for assault, domestic violence, manslaughter or any other violent offence – act quickly and contact a qualified lawyer immediately – your future is on the line.
- Domestic violence — It is essential to differentiate between regular assault and domestic violence, which can only occur between family or household members. Furthermore, the relationship with the supposed victim will be taken into consideration when deciding on penalties – typically harsher than those for other forms of assault. The Canadian legal system seeks to protect victims in cases pertaining to domestic violence; as such accusations are rarely dropped without an adequate explanation.
- Bail — Your bail hearing is a pivotal moment in your trial. I will strive to get you out of jail as soon as the law permits; at this time, your liberty hangs in the balance.
- Drug Charges — The penalties you face for a drug charge in Ottawa depend on many factors, including your criminal history, the type of drug, the quantity of drug in question, and whether you were arrested for possession or trafficking.
- Financial crimes — I assist clients in their legal battles against charges related to financial infractions, including fraud, bribery, insider trading and market manipulation schemes, money laundering activities, as well as identity theft offences.
The justice system is extensive and uncompromising; if you are accused of a crime, it’s essential to seek out the help of an experienced legal advisor as soon as possible.
Why hire an Ottawa criminal defence lawyer?
Are you curious if legal representation is necessary? Our answer to that question is a resounding YES. Regardless of the severity of your offence, from possession or theft all the way up to sexual assault and armed robbery, an attorney can give you much-needed guidance and advocacy for defending your rights and preserving your future.
Here are a few reasons you need to hire a criminal defence lawyer:
- Devise a strong defence — No one is better equipped to provide you with an effective defence than your lawyer. I know the law and criminal proceedings like the back of my hand, allowing me to carefully assess all details of your arrest before helping craft a powerful strategy for defending yourself in court.
- Protect your rights — When you are stopped or arrested by law enforcement, your rights must be respected. Your lawyer serves as a vital safeguard to ensure these essential liberties remain intact throughout the entire process – from your arrest all the way through to your criminal trial.
- Help you understand the charges — Your lawyer can guarantee you comprehend the charges against you, potential repercussions, and other elements of Canadian criminal proceedings.
Your lawyer can accompany you to court, assuage your worries, answer any questions or queries, and always act in your best interests.
What should you do if you are facing criminal charges?
When you are arrested or believe you might be the subject of a criminal investigation, you must contact a defence lawyer. The sooner you seek legal help, the sooner your lawyer can gather evidence to prove your innocence. Remain calm and be polite — losing your cool will only work against you.
Contact a veteran criminal defence lawyer in Ottawa.
My name is Yoav Niv, and I am an experienced criminal defence lawyer who fights passionately for accused persons in Ottawa. Whether you are arrested for theft, organized crime, drug trafficking, domestic violence, or any other offence, I am ready to take your case. For more information or to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with me, call 587-968-6721 or contact me online. .